OpenAI‘s most advanced Generative Pre-Trained Transformer v4, GPT-4, was released on March 14, 2023. The company used a database of over 8 million web pages, translating to 180 trillion parameters. Compared to GPT-3, which was trained with 175 billion parameters, the company improved by 40% over its predecessor. Many individuals and highly-professional users have been using GPT-4 daily to boost their productivity.
Another aspect of OpenAI GPT-4’s functionality is similar to GPT-3. It uses deep learning and is based on the LLM model, which allows it to generate content in natural language by understanding and following the prompts submitted by users. This helps professionals and academic students to learn, discover, and understand complex concepts.
Also read: What is Chat GPT Open AI
Improvements in GPT-4 compared to GPT-3
Many significant improvements have been made possible with the launch of GPT-4. GPT-4 can be in the top 10% this time, whereas GPT-3 was below 10%. It has a larger and more advanced LLM than GPT-3.5 (the accessible version of ChatGPT).
- One of the significant changes and features is that users can now upload images alongside text prompts. Based on the image and text, GPT-4 will generate output.
- The API for GPT-4 is available to a handful of users. However, anyone wanting to use the GPT-4 API must join the waitlist.
- To get access to the GPT-4 API, head over to the GPT-4 API waitlist page.
- From there, fill out the form with the required details.
- Once you have filled it out, click the submit option to join the GPT-4 waitlist.
- Keep an eye on your email to get notified once you have access to the GPT-4 API.
- GPT-4 is more capable than the existing GPT-3.5. It is more reliable and creative. Not only that, but it is also capable of handling various tasks, as Microsoft has recently released the Windows Copilot to Windows Insider Developer Build.
- Plugin support has been added to ChatGPT-4, making it possible to connect to the internet via Bing and use many plugins.
GPT-4 has become quite popular and used for commercial and personal purposes. ChatGPT comes with faster response compared to GPT-3, but you need a ChatGPT Plus subscription to get access to it. On top of this, OpenAI has extended the text prompt support up to 25,000, a significant upgrade over its predecessor.
How to Log in to OpenAI ChatGPT-4
The login process for ChatGPT-4 is identical to logging into ChatGPT 3.
- Open the ChatGPT login page.
- Use your credentials to log in to your OpenAI account for ChatGPT.
- After that, it will redirect you to the ChatGPT interface.
- From there, you can use GPT-4 on ChatGPT by choosing GPT-4.
How to Sign Up for ChatGPT-4
You need an OpenAI account to sign up for ChatGPT-4. You can follow this guide here if you still need to create an OpenAI account. Once you are in ChatGPT, to subscribe to ChatGPT-4, you need to purchase the ChatGPT Plus membership.
Signing Up for ChatGPT-4
To get started, purchase the ChatGPT Plus subscription to gain access to OpenAI’s AGL ChatGPT-4 Model on your ChatGPT.
- On the ChatGPT Dashboard, you can find an option to upgrade in the bottom-left corner of the ChatGPT.
- Click “Upgrade to Plus“, and a prompt will open saying “ChatGPT Plus $20/mo.”
- Click on the green “Upgrade Plan” button to take you directly to the billing page.
- Note that it is non-refundable if you didn’t request for cancel your subscription within 14-dats of purchase, and in case of cancellation, it will be cancelled at the end of the month.
After you have completed the payment, you can now start using GPT-4 on your ChatGPT. You can only process 25 messages every 3 hours and can only proceed with one prompt at a time.
ChatGPT Plus: To use GPT-4 on ChatGPT, you need a subscription which costs $20 per month. If you want to use GPT-4 on your mobile device, you can download and install ChatGPT on your iOS device. No Android app is available, but the company said it would release an Android mobile app later this year.
Also read: How To Use GPT-3 In OpenAI Playground
How to Use OpenAI GPT-4
You can use GPT-4 to perform various tasks apart from generating content or asking questions to get answers in natural language. You can use this for language translation, text summarization, and question answering. It is also important to note that it comes with a cost of $20 per month to use the GPT-4 Model on ChatGPT.
- First, you must ensure that you have selected the GPT-4 Model to use on ChatGPT by choosing the GPT-4 toggle, which appears on the top navigation.
- Now, type your prompt in the text box after writing the text prompt.
- Click the green “Send” button to submit your prompt to ChatGPT.
- You will receive a response immediately, and there you have your GPT-4 response.
GPT-4 has limits to ensure that content is not filled with AI and to implement safety measures before the company starts making some digital watermarks. Also, GPT-4 requires more resources to process data than GPT-3.
Add Plugin to GPT-4
Since this is a significant upgrade over GPT-3, remember to use plugins. There is a library of plugins from Microsoft, OpenAI, and third-party developers like Zapier.
Note: You can only use three plugins simultaneously, so you must switch or disable the plugin based on requirements.
Cancel Your ChatGPT Plus Subscription
After using ChatGPT-4, if you are not satisfied or find any other user to use the GPT-4 model, like using any Conversational AI powered by AI like Bing, you can cancel your ChatGPT Plus subscription.
- Open ChatGPT and click on the email in the bottom-left corner.
- Next, from the pop-up context menu, click on “My Plan”.
- Then it will show you your subscription and allow you to manage subscriptions.
- Click on “Manage My Subscriptions”, and then from the next page, cancel your subscriptions.
Note: Response may be inaccurate and can generate biased or inappropriate responses. Also, you can check the OpenAI Server status if you encounter an error.
Apps Powered by GPT-4
Many apps and services are using GPT-4 to integrate AI capabilities. Some apps include Duolingo, Be My Eye, Stripe, Morgan Stanley, Khan Academy, Government of Iceland, Dropbox, Speak, Ambience, Descript, Opera’s Ariva, and many more.
OpenAI GPT-4 has many capabilities, and most of the features and its capabilities are not unlocked on ChatGPT but can be unlocked via Playgrounds and with the API.